Sabert is specialized in manufacturing and marketing food packaging, disposable high-quality tableware and compostable food packaging and tableware. Its customers are food-catering professionals, food industries, fast food chains or chains of supermarkets.
Through various partnerships established with some of its customer, Sabert Corporation Europe commits to develop its products and its production’s processes in a sustainable way.
Nivelles is the European center of production and distribution of products of the Sabert corporation group. More than 150 people are working in this plant, whether it is in the search of adapted solution for its customer, the production, the expansion of its channels of sales, the logistic or the administration.
As part of the development of its Green Field projects, Sabert Corporation Europe is looking for a: Senior Project Manager – European Pulp Plant.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the creation of a new site of production for the fabrication of the material “Pulp”. This site will be located in Europe depending on pre-established budgets.
Since this is a “Green Field” project and a new process of fabrication for Sabert Europe, the project covers a wide range, starting with a cost-effectiveness analyze until the growth of the production including all of its aspects (technical, procedural, legal, training,…).
The Senior Project Manager will collaborate closely with the engineering department, the manufacturing director and the CEO. He will also collaborate with the Financial Director, Quality Manager and Safety Advisor.
The Project Manager will provide his/her support to the new site of production during its launch and will coach manufacturing and engineering team concerning the installations and the operations.
Once the project will be completely set up, it will be taken by the manufacturing production to make it work optimally.
As Senior Project Manager – European Pulp Plant, you will be led to handle the following tasks:
Starting of a new project:
- You study and choose manufacturing equipment.
- You analyze all the financial aspects and choose the one with optimal cost-effectiveness.
- You looking for a location to build this new plant.
- You are in charge of obtaining the legal authorizations linked to the construction of the plant (production, waste waters, …)
- You check security laws and requirements concerning Sabert Corporation.
- You assure the reporting of installations, equipment and the commissioning of the plant.
- You develop and attend to the formation of engineering, manufacturing and maintenance teams.
- You determinate the objectives of the project and you supervise it from A to Z.
- You determinate a schedule for the Master Projects detailed with the contribution of the team to assure that all the resources are available for each project.
- You give some updates about the progress of the project so that each step is respected and you respect the deadlines.
- You provide progress reports to senior management on a regular basis, highlighting key elements that may deviate from project goals.
Capital Planning Support
- You identify each potential suppliers (raw material, equipment..,) and you give the warranty that all investments will be the most profitable. To do so, you collaborate closely with sales and finance departments.
- You work with sales, finance and other linked departments to prepare the requests for real estate authorization.
- You control project expenses so that so it is in adequacy with the forecast of your capital expenses.
Starting and Coaching
- You work with project and operations teams.
- You coach and train the staff during the start of the new installations.
- You often travel to visit suppliers around the world to follow the development of fabrication.
- You visit Sabert plant specialized in the fabrication of pulp product located in Texas and in China to share each other knowledge.
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent or a Master of Science in Production / Project Management or equivalent.
- You have at least a 10-year experience in the management of big engineering project.
- You have solid skills to perform
- A successful experience in starting a new production site is a real asset
- You have experience in the paper and pulp industry. Ideally in fiber molding.
- You have the capability to handle multiples sub project simultaneously.
- You have a strong ability to develop and manage project schedules.
- You are a good communicator; you have a good presentation, a good leadership and capacities of execution.
- As a good communicator, motivated, proactive, and assertive, you are capable of working in collaboration with other departments to attain targeted goals and conclude your project successfully.
- You are eager to travel frequently.
- You are perfectly bilingual french/english.
Sabert Europe, located in Nivelles in an industry with an international reach having a constant growth.
The development projects up to 2020 make it a company where the challenges are numerous to face. Sabert kept its familial DNA despite its growth and its leading position on the market.
We offer you an attractive salary supported by extra-legal perks such as company car, bonus, meal voucher, group insurance, hospitalization DKV insurance, …
You recognize yourself in this profile? Send us your candidature and a covering letter by mail and we will reach you: Aurélie Eeckhout, Recruitment Officer : AEeckhout@sabert.com